We know that there’s so much conflicting information about Dog Training going around online these days. The worst part about it all is that most of this information is absolutely misleading. We would therefore like to give you some comprehensive insight on the subject. What are the most and commonly misunderstood topics around dog training?
Let’s get started with the top five biggest dog training myths busted.
- Dog training takes lots of time. Is this true or not?
- This is simply not true when you know what you are doing. Dog training can be the easiest thing to do when you know how to implement a few simple rules. The last thing you want to do is spend hours at dog training classes wasting your time going around in circles; in the rain. For most dogs this is so unnecessary and such a waste of your time. If you are still applying the same methods you have been applying without results, then there is purely something very wrong with your basics of dog training.
Check out one of Doggy Dan’s best dog training videos below where he teaches how to stop your dog from chewing the leash.
Are you really looking for a solution that is permanent? Keep reading, we want you to succeed once and for all.
- There is only one pack leader in the home
A well trained dog will respect and see every human in the household as their pack leader. Wouldn’t it be great if your dog listened to commands from anyone at home, regardless of who’s home and who’s not? Most people wrongly think that a dog needs to have one master. A dog will simply respect everyone who’s kind, calm, gentle and actually know how to react to different situations at given times. This has everything to do with becoming the pack leader.
We recently published a post where Doggy Dan explains how to become a pack leader in more detail.
- Is it really important to attend puppy training schools?
- This might come as a surprise to many dog owners but puppy schools are not as effective as one might think. We do not intend to sound negative here but unfortunately, most of the important training lessons are left out. Fortunately, you are just moments away from finding out the real truth.
- Quality dog training is expensive
- Just in case you didn’t know, the best dog and puppy training programs available online are mostly set at a price that almost anyone can afford. It’s just sad to see many dog owners spending fortunes on dog training simply because they don’t know where to look for great dog training. Many people have already spent thousands on puppy pre-schools, puppy school, dog obedience classes, agility, dog behaviourists and they still have nightmare issues with their dog. The simple reason is that they still have not come across any quality dog training.
Doggy Dan’s site is one of the best puppy and dog training programs on the market and he has set it at a very reasonable price.
- You should never use food treats
In short, food treats are used at the right times, in the right manner and in appropriate situations. When perfected, this is one the most powerful training tools. Doggy Dan has an amazingly excellent understanding on how to use treats and demonstrates this throughout his dog training program within his site. With well over 250 videos you get to see the few occasions that he uses them and how effective food treats are, but also teaches the important art of fading them out over time. We also touched base on the subject in one of our posts here:
Now is the time to head over to Doggy Dan, the Online Dog trainer’s website and experience his kind, gentle and easy ways to train your puppy or dog.